Monday, June 21, 2010

Make it Wear It! Challenge completed


The Shearwater Kaftan has been completed!  And it fits me!  I can't tell you how much joy this brings me.  It's kinda ridiculous really.  You see, this is only the 2nd piece of clothing that I have actually finished making that  fits me.  My other clothing endeavours have ended in tragedy - and lots and lots of swearing.  So much so that I have avoided attempting to make clothes for a while.  But...those days are over!  I'm really happy with this creation.  The pattern was quite simple and easy to follow, with no zips or tricky bits.  I also learnt how to make bias tape for the neckline which was fun.  And did I mention it fits me?!

I entered it into the Sew Mama Sew, Make it Wear it! Challenge as a way to motivate me to actually finish the thing.  Which obviously worked, so thank you!

Now I just have to wait until this dreaded Winter is over so I can wear this.  In September.  On the Sunshine Coast.  At the beach.

Next, I'm making this versatile wrap skirt, also by Make it Perfect.  I'm keeping it simple for a little while to rebuild my confidence.  I've got some gorgeous fabric to make this in too.  I'll post some pictures soon.

So hooray all round!  It was a successful sewing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails