Wednesday, September 1, 2010

we are family

Meerkat Family
By Burrard-Lucas Wildlife Photography via Flickr

Friends and family are so important aren't they?  I mean, obviously they are important but I mean they are really super important, right?  Well that becomes more and more obvious when you live so far away from them!

As you are reading this, I will be soaking up some sun in Brisbane.  I will be hanging out with my wonderful friends and getting ready for a long weekend with my family on the coast.  That on it's own is probably not that great of a deal to most people but to me, it is like heaven!  A rare opportunity to be surrounded by the people that mean the most to me in this world.

My very good friends (including my best friend of some 20 odd years) live in Brisbane and we only get to see them a couple of times a year since we moved down to Melbourne.  I miss them alot.  

My whole immediate family (just my sisters and their partners and our parents) haven't all been together since Todd and I's wedding about 18 months ago.  I miss them too.  

So (sun aside) this week is really important to me and I am sure to be soaking up every last bit of it.  Do you get to see your friends and family all of the time, or just occasionally like me?  Who do you miss right now? 

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, I hope you are getting some quality time with your loved ones too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails