Tuesday, January 25, 2011

not too cheesy

cheese muffins

This weekend I finally did a bit of cooking.  It wasn't the most glamorous or difficult of cooking but it was  very meaningful.  You see my Grandmother was adopted and never knew her biological family.  She died before she could find out about them too.  My Dad has recently done a whole lot of research and found out who her biological parents and family were (yay!)  Not only that, but he has found second cousins and aunts and uncles who are all equally as excited about this new discovery.  In doing this, my Dad now has massively extended our family (another yay!) and was given some handwritten recipes that were kept by my Great Grandmother.  Of course I never knew he,r but on Sunday I made one of those recipes - cheese muffins.  They were super easy to make and they are yum!  Next time I'll add some bacon or zucchini or herbs (modern it up a bit), but this time I kept it simple in homage to my Great Grandmother.

I think that's really nice, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails