Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's my New Years Resolution, baby!


Photo by Ommphoto

So this blogging thing is my New Years resolution.  Actually, my New Years resolution is more vague than that.  It is simply:

 "2010 is the year of doing things instead of just talking/thinking about doing them"

I don't usually make resolutions, but this year I felt that I really needed some motivation.  A goal.  It also seems that since having decreed the year so, I've been having similar conversations with lots of people.  They are planning holidays they've always dreamed of.  They are changing careers.  Going out more.  And maybe it's just the gleam of a shiny new year that makes us all think this way, but I have a feeling that this year is going to be awesome!  Because I'm going to make it so.

So for me, this year is about writing more.  Exercising.  Not being so lazy.  Joining a craft group.  Taking some sewing lessons (and end my fear of inserting zips).  Reading more.  Travelling.  And whatever else may arise.

It all starts in 51 days with a trip to Japan (that we had been talking about for months and months no less).  The flights are finally booked and our plans have begun.  It's exciting.  It helps to build this motivation and keep me on track with this resolution. 

I hope your 2010 is going to be awesome too.


JW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails