Monday, July 11, 2011

a mexican inspired weekend

After hearing the lovely Pip talk about it on Friday, I headed out and bought Mexican Food Made Simple by Thomasina Miers.  I had already been planning on making tacos for dinner on the weekend and was feeling a little uninspired by our usual taco fillings.

So...what followed was a Mexican inspired feast of a weekend.  We had stuffed potatoes with a yummy salsa for dinner on Friday night.



On Saturday night I went all out and made the Piccadillo, guacamole and red rice to fill tacos and tortillas.  And of course there was plenty leftover so it was also lunch on Sunday.  If I was smarter I would've taken some pictures.  You'll just have to trust me when I say that it was delicious and I am very much looking forward to trying out the other recipes.

I hope your weekend was as delicious as mine.  Did you cook anything yum?

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious..I wish I had made something as yummy as that over the weekend..but alas..I didn't! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails