Tuesday, March 1, 2011

quest for the best japanese - week 4

Meiji Japanese Cafe
105 Little Bourke St
Melbourne

After last week's effort I was really hoping for some decent Japanese food this week, and by George we got it!  This place is fabulous!  If you live in Melbourne I urge you to go there right now!  Go on!  This was such a good find and we will most certainly be heading back here soon - with some friends.



The cafe is quite small but has an upstairs area as well (which was empty, being Monday and all but I imagine would fill up on the weekends).  What it lacked in size provided most of the atmosphere in that I almost felt like I was in Japan!  It had a real authentic feel to it, which I just loved.

But...getting onto the important part - FOOD.  The food was YUM! And like most Japanese cafe's, more than affordable.  We had a sizzling plate of Wagyu Steak, Japanese style Fried Rice, stir-fried vegetables and some beef skewers (whose name escapes me but were fantastic!  You can see one of them next to our fried rice in the pic below)


I should've taken more photos of this place (and our food) but I was too engrossed in eating!  There was sadly no Okonomiyaki on the menu, but there was plenty of other things to choose from.  I loved the big menu with pictures which made ordering easy - or difficult, because everything looked so good.

Anyway, this is definitely the best so far in our quest.  We will definitely be going back!

Rating = 8 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails